It has been abusy couple of weeks, not complaining but I need a holiday. A long one. Or just a day off. I haven’t had decent sleep in 2 weeks, and I currently have a cold :-(. Not complaining though, empires aren’t built on sleep. To curb the cold, I am currently having some lemon tea, with these majestic cookies.
My good friend Brenda, tells me she dreams about these cookies all the time. I get guilty when I know I’m seeing her cause it never crosses my mind to carry cookies, or anything to eat for that matter and she loves them.
She always wants to check my bag to see if I have any cookies in my bag. Her favourite human always asks where the cookies went if he knows we met.
They swear they are that good.
They are not just delicious though. You can literally make them with zero baking or culinary experience.
- 250 grams margarine or butter
- 75 grams caster sugar
- 25o grams all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons coconut milk
- 100 grams desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease a baking sheet and place grease proof/parchment paper on it.
- In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together. Add the desiccated coconut.
- In a second bowl, soften the butter and add the caster sugar to it, until pale and fluffy.
- When the margarine and sugar are well mixed, add the flour mix and the coconut milk and mix until everything is well combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon or less or more and roll it into a ball using the palms of your hand, place on the baking sheet. Do this with all the cookie dough. Should give 12-30 cookies depending on the preferred size.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be firm and the center soft to touch, while removing.
- Set aside to cool as they firm up. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut and serve.