The first time I met Rose and Allen, I knew this was going to be an interesting journey. Rose and I had only spoken via WhatsApp and she knew what she wanted from the get go.

When they came for the tasting, I knew Rose looked familiar, and so did her mum, but I couldn’t for the life in me figure out from where. It wasn’t until Wawira’s wedding that I realized it was from high school, she was three years ahead of me though. The entire party she came with was so vibrant that it made my exhausted self happy. When they left, rose was kind enough to drop me feedback message that almost made me cry.

Her wedding was going to be my first semi naked wedding. And my second fresh cream wedding. It was an evening wedding so I wasn’t as petrified about the weather as I had been at Sharon’s wedding cause I was meant to set up by 5pm meaning the temps would be down.

Rose and Allen wanted to spoil all their guests with goodies, so they requested to have a cake for each table. That meant an extra 39 cakes were to be delivered, alongside the main cake and the three extra side cakes. My biggest concern at this point was refrigeration. Where was I going to store all the cakes plus the extra orders of taken. I also had the concern of how I would have to transport all those cakes being that I don’t have a car and my parents are usually unavailable on weekends. Luckily my uncle came to my rescue on the transport department.

The 39 table cakes

I started baking on Friday at 5am and was done by 9am – luckily my oven is massive. Told myself I would let the cakes cool completely and refrigerate for a bit before I could start icing and just when I got down to my first cake, KPLC decided that I don’t deserve to work. My fridge isn’t the most trustworthy when electricity goes as it’s mostly a display fridge and without electricity, it feels like it’s getting warmer instead of maintaining a cold temperature. So I didn’t want to risk having to redo all the cakes so I just sat and waited.

By 8pm, I was certain the electricity wasn’t coming back and I went to bed. I woke up at 11 pm to drink water and there was still no electricity. So I said a prayer and slept again hoping that I’d wake up to electricity. At 2am I woke up and the lights were back and I just sprung into action. I wasn’t about to risk not being done on time.

By 7:30 am, all the cakes were iced (go me) and ready for delivery so I just sat there waiting for my uncle.

Since there were too many cakes, I was quite terrified that thy won’t make it in one piece but they did and the set up took a shorter time than expected. I was quite humbled by the remarks everyone was giving about the work I’d done.

When the wedding was over, and the couple had their first dance, they took a moment of their time to thank me and other service providers for that. I have never been happier. Rose and Allen were the first couple to ever thank me at the wedding in front of all their guests. It was a beautiful and amazing experience.

The main cake was a Chocolate Orange cake

The side cakes were Fruit cake

The table cakes were Vanilla, Butterscotch, Lemon, Mocha, Chocolate Orange, Red Velvet, Pina Colada and Passion.

May their life be as enchanted as the amazing wedding they had.



3 thoughts on “Enchanted

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s