On the 9th Day of Christmas, we made some Lemon cupcakes.
These things are all the range. They are super moist and so flavourful. Literally takes no time to prep and are baked in no time. You can literally whip these up in the morning and not only have a house smelling so yum but also have them right up for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, just any time!
Using Pembe Home Baking Flour, the cupcakes came out so light and fluffy thus making them the perfect treat especially if you’ll be having guests over for Christmas.
- 125g melted margarine/butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cup Pembe all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake papers, set aside
- In a large bowl/jug, mix all the wet ingredients together
- In a second bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix them together with a whisk
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients
- Mix together with a whisk and ensure everything is well combined
- Pour the cake batter into the cupcake tray and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the cupcakes are done.
Decorate as desired
Serve & Enjoy!