On the 11th Day of Christmas, we made some simple Sugar Cookies, Courtesy of Pembe Flour.
There’s nothing easier and quicker to make than cookies. They are so versatile and suitable for all number of occasions.
This Christmas period, cookies are definitely a welcome treat and a fun activity to do with the little ones. They are quite easy to make and can be decorated quite simply to make it enjoyable for the kids.
- 187g (3/4 cup) melted butter/margarine
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 & ½ cups Pembe All-Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Add the flour, a little at a time to mix up.
- Add one egg at a time, to bind the cookie dough
- Once it comes together, wrap the dough in cling film, and let it sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes
- Pre heat your oven at 180C
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, set aside.
- Take the chilled dough and roll it to desired thickness.
- Cut into shape and place on the prepared baking tray
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes
- Once the cookies are baked, decorate as desired
Serve & Enjoy!